I am a little shocked but truly honoured to have been nominated for my first blog award. I was nominated by Darlene, the fabulous writer of the Notes from Meme blog. http://darleneglasgow.wordpress.com/
I have to say that receiving this nomination was such a wonderful surprise. As my regular readers know, I started this blog simply to express my feelings, frustrations, thoughts and opinions regarding my journey through motherhood. When I started this blog it never really crossed my mind that someone, other than my own mother, would read it. Turns out not only is someone reading it but I have inspired! What a wonderful treat.
Thank you Darlene! Now onto my reponsibility as the recipient of the award:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post
(please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
* * * *
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
My nomination is:
I am nominating Michaela for her beautiful positive expression of dealing with a child with special needs, health issues, complications. I myself, have a a child who was born with life threatening health issues and although he has so far overcome every obstacle he’s met, the experience has changed me forever. Michaela seems to capture the exact emotions that I have experienced and her ability to focus on the positive through on her journey is amazing. Keep it up MIchaela, hopefully you can help someone who is travelling, this sometimes difficult road, with your beautiful words.